SNF SUPPORTS SNA MEMBERS – THE REAL HEROES WHO FEED HUNGRY CHILDREN!
THREE SNF EQUIPMENT GRANTS for 2020
Never in the history of SNA, has the need for new or updated kitchen equipment and serving lines been greater than it is today. SNF has been working hard to expand our equipment grants program for the new year in order to improve the critical state of members’ kitchens. The 2020 SNF Equipment Grants Scholarship Program will now be a common application for not only one (1) but THREE (3) full grants! SNF has teamed up with multiple companies to provide more Equipment Grants to deserving school districts!
To learn more about the application process, click here.
Achieve your educational dreams with an education scholarship from the School Nutrition Foundation! Professional Development Scholarships provide SNA members with funding for tuition and books for the following school year.
The following scholarships are available. Individuals may be awarded more than one scholarship.
SNA Professional Development Scholarship:
The SNA Professional Development Scholarship is funded by a donation from SNA. Scholarships of up to $2,500 each are awarded.
Schwan’s Food Service Scholarship:
Since 1983, Schwan’s Food Service, Inc., has made an annual donation to offer multiple scholarships of up to $2,500 each.
SNF Professional Growth Scholarship:
The SNF Professional Growth Scholarship is funded by SNA members through past special events. Scholarships of up to $2,500 each are awarded.
Nancy Curry Scholarship:
The Nancy Curry Scholarship is funded by Handgards, Inc., and friends of Nancy. One scholarship of $500 is awarded each year.
Who Can Apply?
- The applicant must be an active member for a minimum of one year from January 1, 2019 with the School Nutrition Association (SNA) and have a history of employment in school foodservice. If you need to confirm SNA membership, please call 1-800-877-8822.
- Currently employed in school foodservice as an operator/state agency (Industry and student members are not eligible)
- Enrolled (or will be enrolled) in a degree or certificate program at a vocational/technical, undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate level in the United States in a program of study which falls into one or more of the USDA Professional Standards subject areas.
Please note that children of SNA members are no longer eligible to apply for scholarships. To confirm your SNA membership status, please call (800) 877-8822.
How Can I Apply?
SNF is now accepting applications for the 2020 Professional Development Scholarships Common Application until January 31st, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST. To apply, please complete and submit the online application form. We will announce the 2020 winners in May of 2020.
The School Nutrition Foundation (SNF) offers the following scholarship opportunities to SNA members:
Josephine Martin National Policy Fellow:
Dr. Josephine Martin is a pioneer in the field of child nutrition. Launching her career at the Georgia Department of Education in 1950 as the assistant school lunch director, she soon became a vocal advocate for child nutrition, influencing legislation on the community, state and federal levels.
- Awards up to $3,000 to one selected fellow to attend and be recognized at SNA’s Legislative Action Conference, helping to defray travel expenses.
- Eligibility: Be an active SNA employee or manager section member, who has been a SNA member for at least three years, as of LAC 2020 (since no later than April 1, 2017); have never previously attended LAC; and have an interest in child nutrition policy.
The 2020 Josephine Martin National Policy Fellowship scholarship application is now closed. The winner will be notified by December 2nd, 2019. SNA’s Legislative Action Conference (LAC) is in Washington, D.C. on March 8-10, 2020.
SNA Conference Scholarships:
In an ongoing effort to help its members develop professionally, SNA donates funds to SNF to award scholarships to help members attend SNA’s School Nutrition Industry Conference (SNIC), Legislative Action Conference (LAC), and Annual National Conference (ANC). These scholarships award $1,000 each to help defray the cost of attending a conference.
- 6 for LAC 2020 (3 of the scholarships will be for First Timers only)
- 6 for ANC 2020 (3 of the scholarships will be for First Timers only)
- 6 for SNIC 2020 (3 of the scholarships will be for First Timers only)
- Current School Nutrition Employee, Manager or Director members
- Current SNA member and member of SNA for at least 2 years
- State Agency and Industry members are not eligible
- Only one scholarship per school district, per conference
- Only one scholarship per individual, per school year
The 2020 School Nutrition Industry Conference (SNIC) and Legislative Action Conference (LAC) scholarship applications are now closed. The SNIC winners will be notified by mid-December and the LAC winners will be notified by mid-January.
ANC First-Timer Scholarships:
The ANC First-Timer Scholarship is made possible through a generous donation from AccuTemp Products. These scholarships are awarded to SNA members (employees and managers) who have never attended SNA’s Annual National Conference (ANC) The $500 scholarship may be used to cover registration and travel expenses associated with attending ANC. Twenty (20) - $500 scholarships are available.
There is no formal application - You must be nominated to be considered for a scholarship. District directors, who are active SNA members and are registered to attend ANC 2020, may nominate one member of their staff for this scholarship. The staff member must be an active SNA member in the employee or manager category who has never attended SNA’s ANC.
Directors may not nominate more than one staff member for this scholarship. After registering for ANC, the district director can submit a nomination online. Awards are made on a first-come, first-served basis, so the sooner you submit a nomination, the better chance there is of receiving a scholarship. Awards are made on a first-come, first served basis. Nominations open when ANC 2020 registration opens and closes when we reach 20 eligible nominees.
Before completing the nomination, please have the following information available:
- Your contact information
- Your ANC registration and proof of payment
- The Application for the ANC First-Timer Scholarship is now closed. The recipients will be notified in early May 2020.
Check back in February for the 2020 ANC First-Timers scholarship application to open.